Monday, January 6, 2014

Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing

Over the weekend I had this delicious salad at a family gathering and I cannot wait to recreate it!  I thought maybe you would like to try it too :)

photo adapted from image by Jennifer of Peanut Butter and Peppers


This recipe is from another blog, Peanut butter and Peppers


  • Salad:
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 cup arugula
  • 1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
  • 1/2 cup butternut squash, cooked
  • 1 tbsp. raisins
  • 1 tbsp. cranberries, dried
  • 1/2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
  • Dressing:
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 2 tbsp. water
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. sugar

In my attempt to keep things strictly Plant Based, I would leave out the cheese ad maybe switch out the honey for agave.  

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment